The Hill Company were invited to tender for the management of the archives for a large insurance company in November 2004, and were subsequently awarded the contract in December 2004.
In managing this contract The Hill Company have the key responsibilities and projects as follows;
- The Hill Company are now responsible for the management and processing of requests of in excess of 750,000 boxes which are stored at various third party providers and at the insurance company’s own storage facility at Norwich.
- In taking over the responsibility for the management of the storage facility The Hill Company were required to TUPE 20 staff across to their employment, who are responsible for the processing and picking of orders at the facility.
- The Hill Company have installed their own Centre of Excellence manager to oversee and manage the day to day operation.
- THC are commencing the relocation of in excess of 250,000 archive boxes in to the Norwich facility from third party providers.
- THC currently have a team of 35 staff who are managing the re -cataloguing of in excess of 85,000 items per month.
- The Hill Company are soon implementing desk deliveries to insurance company staff.
- THC will soon be managing the entirety of the archives and all associated services for this major insurance broker.
In meeting the requirements defined by the company in their original tender document, The Hill Company will turn the storage facility at Norwich into a ‘’Centre of Excellence’’ that will set the benchmark for all other similar operations.